On episode 38 of the Montreal Marketeers podcast, we talk entrepreneurship and growth hacking with Scott Martin.
Scott is a digital marketing specialist to the core. He has over 20 years of agency experience and has founded multiple successful businesses. His success spans from driving strategies in social media, video, and content marketing to hands on production and deployment.
Over the years Scott has built a reputation for striking a middle ground between leading-edge marketing innovation with traditional, proven approaches. Various national brands, and some of which you may be long time supporters of, consult with Scott to develop strategic marketing programs: WestJet, Canadian Tire, Hudson’s Bay Company, BestBuy, SportChek, UFA, Tourism Saskatchewan, Cadillac Fairview, Coast Hotels, among many others.
With such a busy schedule you might be wondering how he finds the time to have fun, I know we did. Work-life balance is actually critical for Scott. With a passion for the outdoors, especially being in the ocean and back-country. He applies his creative and marketing background in sharing his passion for surfing and snowboarding by using non-traditional channels such as blogging, social media, and visual content marketing.
Check out this week's episode to find out more about Scott Martin and his entrepreneurial ventures.
Duration: 71 minutes
- Creating intertwining projects to enable organic growth opportunities
- Growing up an entrepreneur
- Making learning a priority to continuously improve your skills
- Understanding the cost of attention
- Establishing a sustainable marketing strategy
- Providing value for free
- Connecting customers to your brand with relevant content
- Being a multi-faceted marketer instead of a specialist
Music by Patrick Lehman