On episode 23 of the Montreal Marketeers podcast, we talk Italian liqueurs with Mario D'Amico.
Mario's passion for liqueurs and spirits started as a teenager. Although he didn't drink at that age, he became obsessed with understanding the art of the cocktail and the stories behind some of the biggest brands. Throughout the years, he's managed to assemble an impressive collection of over 400 bottles. Not going to lie, he puts our collections to shame!
In 2017, Mario founded Spiritueux Iberville with the goal of creating unique bitter liqueurs that incorporate Italian traditions with local Quebec ingredients. He did so to pay tribute to the sacrifices his grandfather made when he immigrated to Quebec in 1953. With less than a year under his belt, he is already taking Quebec by storm!
Check out this week's episode to find out more about Mario D'Amico and Spiritueux Iberville!
Duration: 67 minutes
- Partnering with a distillery to offset start-up costs
- Gaining industry knowledge before becoming an entrepreneur
- Following your passion
- Having a strong work ethic
- Creating brand awareness through education
- Planning vs. executing
- Incorporating your culture into your business strategy
- Getting customers to try something new
- Dealing with the fear of disappointing clients
- Making it big locally before expanding
Music by Patrick Lehman