On episode 17 of the Montreal Marketeers podcast, we talk E-commerce and Digital Marketing with Johnny Russo.
Johnny Russo is a self-taught digital expert. He graduated from Concordia University in 2003 with a degree in journalism but quickly realized that his true passion was for Marketing. After working for major Canadian retailers such as Mexx, Buffalo, and Bentley, he now takes care of Mark's' (L'Équipeur in Quebec) e-commerce and digital marketing strategy.
Johnny's passion for learning and continuously improving is quite evident. His approach to marketing is strongly driven by understanding consumer behaviour and challenging the status quo. Whether it's reading books authored by other Marketing experts or experimenting with innovative digital strategies, he is always working on improving his skills.
Check out this week's episode to find out more about Johnny Russo and Mark's e-commerce and digital marketing initiatives.
Duration: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- Transitioning from journalism to marketing
- Learning marketing from books
- Understanding data analytics in order to monitor success
- Focusing on delivering instead of striving for perfection
- Implementing scrum strategies in a retail environment
- Making sure inter-departmental communication is strong
- Creating a true omni-channel strategy
- Outsourcing vs insourcing
- Questioning the status quo
- Treating everyone as customers and ultimately as partners
- Building a team with specialists and generalists
Music by Patrick Lehman